What does KCSON do?
- Assist membership organisations to develop organisational skills, such as financial management and NGO governance.
- Influence local government in budget formation and the allocation of resources to sectors key to the reduction of poverty.
- Lobbying, advocacy and training.
- Organise trainings, workshops and seminars to address capacity-building for member organisations.
- Assistance with proposal writing, strategic planning etc.
- Mainstreaming the cross-cutting issues of gender, environment and HIV/AIDS in all activities.
- Conflict resolution and peace building.
- Resource Centre - free access for all members and the general public.
- Assistance with proposal, writing, strategic planning, organisational development, etc.
- Trainings, workshops and seminars.
- Capacity-building. through mentoring.
- Research, documentation and information dissemination.